Training In Sector Program
Training in Sector Program
What is The Training in Sector Program?
- Training in Sector Program refers to an applied skills training, which enables the students of associate degree and undergraduate programs to work during their education.
- The program is a training model, which is designed and managed jointly with companies and applied in workplaces, apart from classrooms, laboratories and workshop courses.
- In the program, students are given the opportunity to recognize and apply the basic academic knowledge and concepts they have learned at university. Thus, the basic information learned at the university will be reinterpreted with the sector trainings.
The Office of Training in Sector Program
The Office of Training in Sector Program located in the office with number B107 in Block in the forthcoming days.
|Monday||09:00 12:00 and 13:00 17:00|
|Wednesday||09:00 12:00 and 13:00 17:00|
Advantages of The Training in Sector Program for Companies
- Discount opportunities for the companies participated in the Training in Sector Program, which are willing to attend the Graduate Programs and Certificate Programs of Continuing Education Center of Halic University.
- Corporate cooperation with the university and its contributions to its design and research and development works.
- Capacity of creating human resources for the time of corporate growth.
- Raising human resources in exchange for a nominal costs.
- Finding professional and technical workforce.
- Providing the capacity to generate solutions by creating an appropriate environment for academic consultancy towards organization and business processes.
The Procedures of Training in Sector Program
- Participation in the Training in Sector Program is not compulsory. Students can complete their studies without participating in the Program.
- The program includes training experiences in private and/or public corporations, companies or non-governmental organizations etc., which are relevant to the studies of the students of associate degree and undergraduate programs.
- Regardless of any internship requirement in the curriculums of their program, all successful associate degree/undergraduate students can participate in the program.
The Duration of Training in Sector Program
- Training in Sector Program consists of a total of three semesters of training within the education period indicated in the Regulation of University on Education and Examination and each semester comprises 14 weeks.
- The students can take part in the program in autumn, spring and summer. On condition that their working hours will not be less than 10 hours per week, students can go to work when they have free days/hours.
Application to The Training in Sector Program
- Undergraduate students, who have minimum 2.00 GPA and have successfully completed their first and second year courses, and associate degree students, who have successfully completed their first year courses can apply to the Training in Sector Program.
- Following the beginning of application period, students can make maximum 5 choices among the institutions providing quota for the department they are registered to.
- The Coordinatorship of Training in Sector Program calls the institutions preferred by the students to ask them in order to select students from the list. The institutions make selections among the students on the list regardless of whether the students choose the concerned institutions or not. Before notifying their selection, the institutions can also make an interview with the students selected from the list.
- After the completion of selection procedures by both students and institutions, the Database of Training in Sector Program makes a matching and the results of this matching are announced to the students and institutions by the University.
Students Admitted to The Training in Sector Program
- The students selected for the Training in Sector Program attends the Orientation Course for this program given at the University before start to work. Moreover, a preparation course can be added to the list of elective courses depending on the sectors, where the students will work.
- Students participating in the program must comply with the working hours of the workplace for a minimum of 14 weeks. If the total absence period of the student -including health reports- exceeds 20% of the training period in the program, the student will be considered unsuccessful.
- During The Training in Sector Program, students do not have the right of leave. Additionally, Students, who do not go to work for more than three days without permission or excuse are dismissed from the program.
The Obligations of Institutions
- Ensuring the participation of students in the working environment by adapting them to the workplace.
- Making payments for the students receiving vocational education in accordance with the Vocational Education Law No. 3308.
- Enabling the students to benefit from the current shuttle and food services.
The Obligations of University
According to the Vocational Education Law No. 3308, SSI procedures must be implemented and premiums must be paid for the students receiving vocational education.